BHUTAN-1, the country’s first satellite, has reentered Earth’s atmosphere bringing its orbital life to an end.
BHUTAN-1 was launched to the International Space Station (ISS) on 29 June 2018. On 10 August the same year, BHUTAN-1 was released into orbit from the ISS. The satellite was released into an initial orbit altitude of around 400 km (kilometer). As BHUTAN-1 orbited Earth thereafter, its altitude gradually decreased until it reached an altitude of around 250 km where the rate of altitude decrease was much faster .
Hon’ble Minister, Karma Donnen Wangdi, Minister of Information and Communications, Royal Government of Bhutan, attended the opening ceremony and the leadership dialogue of the ITU Regional Development Forum for Asia and the Pacific which was held virtually on 2nd November, 2020 at 11:00 AM (BST). The leadership dialogue was also attended by:
1) H.E. Mr. Bob Loughman Weibur, Prime Minister, Vanuatu
2) H.E. Mr. Abdul Halim Iskandar, Minister of Villages, Development, Advantaged Regions and Transmigration, Republic of Indonesia
Hon’ble Minister, Karma Donnen Wangdi, Minister of Information and Communications, Royal Government of Bhutan, will be attending the opening ceremony and the leadership dialogue of the ITU Regional Development Forum for Asia and the Pacific which will be held virtually on 2nd November, 2020 at 11:00 AM (BST). The theme of the leadership dialogue is “Cross-sectoral collaboration to drive digital development and progress towards SDGs.”
Issue No. 57 was released on 26 October, 2020
1. SEIC: Special guest lecture by Dr. Werner Balogh of WMO
2. Uchū Daikaijū Dogora (宇宙大怪獣ドゴラ, lit. "Giant Space Monster Dogora")
3. Handover Ceremony of BIRDS-4 Project
4. Check out monthly virtual meetings of UNISEC-Global
5. BIRDS-5 MDR occurred on 29 September, 16:20-20:30
6. Highlighting Japan: Sept 2020 Issue, by the Government of Japan
7. BIRDS-4: The monthly newsletter by the team
8. President of JAXA provided a message for Paraguay’s 4th Space Conference
Issue No. 56 was released on 23 September, 2020
1. First impressions of “BIRDS-style education”, by new staff member of LaSEINE
2. Japan Gov’t Scholarships: summary of SDGs Global Leader
3. Japan Gov’t Scholarships: summary of ABE Initiative
4. English-Japanese dictionaries: The first ones
5. Implementation Plan of the Basic Plan on Space Policy
6. SEIC: Special guest lecture by Dr. Adolfo Chaves Jiménez of Costa Rica
7. BIRDS-4: Each member introduces his or her work for the project
The Department of IT & Telecom would like to request registration of the IT/ITES and IT retail firms in the country. The purpose of registration is to maintain an updated database of IT/ITES and IT retail firms in the country. This database will be used as a directory for any communication or collaboration with the companies in the future. Therefore, please kindly consider it mandatory and request to register via following the link below
The Department of Information Technology & Telecom, Ministry of Information and Communications is conducting 8th National Website competition (2020-2021), we would like to inform that the registration for the National Website Competition is open. Interested private/corporate/institutes/individuals and other non government agencies can register for the competition in the link given below latest by 3rd October, 2020. For further information contact Ms. Menlam Choden at email@example.com
The Department of IT & Telecom, Ministry of Information & Communications is organizing the following training as part of the Digital Drukyul project for enhancement of ICT sector’s capacity and capability:
i. Microservice (current skills requirement) for system development : Delivery by mid of September 2020
ii. Blockchain technology and its application(future skills requirement) for application development including the networking aspect: Delivery by early October 2020
Issue No. 55 was released on 20 August, 2020. Following are the contents :-
As per the tender documents floated in the eGP system for Integrated citizen services covering 3 packages, namely.
PACKAGE - I : Permits Services Labour Immigration Tourist (VISA)
PACKAGE - II : Vehicle Services Vehicle Services
PACKAGE - III : GIS & Pension Services GIS service, Pension service,
PACKAGE - IV : Student Information Services Student Information services
The earlier deadline for submission of bids, which is on 11th March 2021 is extended by 10 days, which will be 21st March 2021, and the bid opening date and time will remain the same.
The existing DrukREN Service Agency Contract has been extended with Bhutan Telecom Limited for additional one year. The Contract was signed today at DITT, MoIC between the Director, DITT & CEO, BTL .
To visit drukren website please click here
APA for 2018-2019