Contents of issue No. 42
1. Prof. Mengu Cho wins the prestigious Frank J. Malina Astronautics Medal for 2019
2. The Logistics of the International Space Station -- this is a video worth watching
3. Dr Taiwo Tejumola (BIRDS-1 Project Manager) was invited to serve as a competition judge
4. Olayinka's World – Column #12
5. Space: The next trillion dollar industry
6. G. Maeda visited Mauritius to deliver presentation & to discuss avenues of collaboration
7. Congratulations to Dr. Pauline Faure: The Lockheed Endowed Professorship 2019 award
Contents of issue No. 42
Department of Information Technology and Telecom (DITT) hosted two days event to formally launch the DrukREN-TEIN (Asi@Connect) link and technical workshop on telemedicine on 20th August 2019 followed by presentations on network
management on 21st August, 2019.
The Bhutan Computer Incident Response Team(BtCIRT) under Department of IT and Telecom, MoIC is organising a week long workshop on secure coding supported by Asi@Connect and Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre(APNIC). The workshop has over 50 participants with application developers and administrators from various sectors including Colleges, ISPs, Banks, Bhutan Power Corporation, Government Agencies and the Private Sector.
The 19th APT Policy and Regulatory Forum (PRF-19) begins here at Thimphu. The forum is being organized by the Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) and hosted by the Ministry of Information and Communications (MoIC) of Bhutan. Three days forum will see discussion on the ICT policies and regulation, digital inclusion, emerging technology, digital identity etc..It is been attend by all APT Members, Associate Members, Affiliate Members, International/Regional Organizations.
BtCIRT is organising a workshop on Secure Coding from August 19-23, 2019. If you would like to participate, please fill in your details in the form below and you will be notified if your application is successful.
Please note that only the event fee and expenses for lunch and refreshments are covered by the organiser. Also note that this registration is only open for the private sector employees.
Registration remains open till August 10, 2019.
Issue No. 41 was released on 30 June, 2019.
The Department of Information Technology and Telecom conducted 6th National Website Competition (2018-19) among the websites of government, corporate, autonomous and interested private agencies and evaluated 134 websites. The result of the competition is attached HERE for your reference
We offer our wishes and prayers for the happiness and well being of our beloved Queen on this auspicious occasion of Her Majesty’s Birth Anniversary.
Issue No. 40 was released on 23 May, 2019.
Contents of issue No. 40
1. BIRDS-3 member (Dulani) is highlighted in AIT Newsletter (May 2019 issue)
2. Enter the 6th Mission Idea Contest of UNISEC-Global
3. Tobata Gion Yamagasa festival (戸畑祇園山笠) is coming up
4. President of the Paraguay Space Agency (AEP) signs Letter of Intent
5. Japan celebrated Kids’ Day on 5th May
6. New book about Kyushu by Andrew Thomson
7. 2nd IAA Latin American Symposium on Small Satellites,11-15 November 2019, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Ministry of Information and Communications (MOIC), Department of IT and Telecom joined the rest of the world in celebrating “World Telecommunications and Information Society Day (WTISD)” 2019. The celebration was graced by the Hon’ble Minister of MoEA, representatives of Asian Development Bank, the industry; Tashi Cell, NANO, DrukCom and the ICT officials of Government agencies.
The Department of Information Technology & Telecom, Ministry of Information and Communications is conducting 8th National Website competition (2020-2021), we would like to inform that the registration for the National Website Competition is open. Interested private/corporate/institutes/individuals and other non government agencies can register for the competition in the link given below latest by 3rd October, 2020. For further information contact Ms. Menlam Choden at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of IT & Telecom, Ministry of Information & Communications is organizing the following training as part of the Digital Drukyul project for enhancement of ICT sector’s capacity and capability:
i. Microservice (current skills requirement) for system development : Delivery by mid of September 2020
ii. Blockchain technology and its application(future skills requirement) for application development including the networking aspect: Delivery by early October 2020
Issue No. 55 was released on 20 August, 2020. Following are the contents :-