- The website competition is an annual competition organized by the Department of IT and Telecom to rate the best website within the country where all the government websites will be participating in it.
- The first national website competition was conducted in the year 2014 upon the directives from the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Lyoenchen Tshering Tobgay.
- Till now the department has conducted 3 competitions.
- The evaluation of the websites is carried out with the following objectives:
The e-Government (e-Gov) Master Plan, approved by the Royal Government via executive order C-2/422 dated 27 June 2014 as well as the ICT Roadmap of 2011/2015, underlined the need to formulate an e-Government Policy.
The main objective of the policy are:
e-Government Governance Framework Institutionalized
The Cabinet vide the Government Executive Order C-2/422 dated June 27, 2014 has approved the institutionalization of e-Government Governance Framework in the country for compliance and implementation with immediate effect.
Bhutan has embarked upon a journey of a networked government through initiative of Electronic Government Interoperability Framework (e-GIF). The e-GIF, in the broad sense, is a Government Enterprise Architecture (GEA) to define standards and best practices to enable ICT systems to better integrate and interoperate across the Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB),and to align IT investment to the government business functions.
Automate G2G is one of the component of the project titled “Expansion of G2C, G2B and G2G” being implemented by DITT. The other two components viz. G2C and G2B are with the G2C office under the Honorable Prime Minister’s office. The project is being funded by the Government of India under Project Tied Assistance(PTA) programme.
- Foundation to move government that is almost totally reliant on paper to e-government.
- Contract signed with Google for 5000 licenses - December 31, 2013.
- Contract renewed with Google for 9000 licenses for 3 years - September, 2015.
- As of June, 2016, 7700 google apps licenses have been activated.
- DITT has carried out number of trainings on the usage to increase the adoption of Google Apps by the civil servants.